Articles & Protocols
* co-first authors; # co-corresponding authors
- Sanskrita Das*, Seok-Won Kim*, Yeong-Jin Choi, Sooyeon Lee, Se-Hwan Lee, Jeong-Sik Kong, Hun-Jun Park, Dong-Woo Cho#, Jinah Jang#, "Decellularized extracellular matrix bioinks and the external stimuli to enhance cardiac tissue development in vitro," Acta Biomaterialia, (published online).
- Yeong-Jin Choi*, Young-Joon Jun*, Dong Yeon Kim, Hee-Gyeong Yi, Su-Hun Chae, Junsu Kang, Juyong Lee, Ge Gao, Jeong-Sik Kong, Jinah Jang, Wan Kyun Chung, Jong-Won Rhie#, Dong-Woo Cho#, "A 3D cell printed muscle construct with tissue-derived bioink for the treatment of volumetric muscle loss," Biomaterials, 206, 2019, pp.160-169.
- Hee-Gyeong Yi, Young Hun Jeong, Yona Kim, Yeong-Jin Choi, Hyo Eun Moon, Sung Hye Park, Kyung Shin Kang, Mihyeon Bae, Jinah Jang, Hyewon Youn, Sun Ha Paek, Dong-Woo Cho, “A bioprinted human-glioblastoma-on-a-chip for the identification of patient-specific responses to chemoradiotherapy,” Nature Biomedical Engineering, 2019, DOI: doi.org/10.1038/s41551-019-0363-x.
- Hee-Gyeong Yi*, Yeong-Jin Choi*, Jin Woo Jung*, Jinah Jang, Tae-Hea Song, Tae Hyun Choi, Jong-Won Rhie, Dong-Woo Cho, “Three-dimensional printing of a patient-specific engineered nasal cartilage for augmentative rhinoplasty,” Journal of Tissue Engineering, 2019, 10, pp.2041731418824797.
- Hyeon-Ji Kim, Moon-nyeo Park, Jisoo Kim, Jinah Jang, Hong-Kyun Kim, Dong-Woo Cho, “Characterization of cornea-specific bioink: high transparency, improved in vivo safety,” Journal of Tissue Engineering, 2019, 10, pp. 2041731418823382.
- Jaewook Kim*, In Kyoung Shim*, Dong Gyu Hwang, Yu Na Lee, Myungji Kim, Hyeonji Kim, Seok-Won Kim, Song Lee, Song Cheol Kim#, Dong-Woo Cho#, and Jinah Jang#, "3D cell printing of islet-laden pancreatic tissue-derived extracellular matrix bioink constructs for enhancing pancreatic functions," Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 7, 2019, pp.1773.
- Ge Gao*, Byoung Soo Kim*, Jinah Jang# and Dong-Woo Cho# “Recent Strategies for Extrusion-based 3D Cell Printing and Bioink Designs,” ACS Biomaterials Science and Engineering, 5(3), 2019, pp. 1150-1169 (cover selected).
- Ge Gao*, Ju Young Park*, Byoung Soo Kim, Jinah Jang, Dong-Woo Cho, “Coaxial Cell Printing of Freestanding, Perfusable, and Functional In Vitro Vascular Models for Recapitulation of Native Vascular Endothelium Pathophysiology,” Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2018, 7(23), 1801102.
- Yeong-Jin Choi*, Jeong Hun Park*, Jinah Jang, and Dong-Woo Cho, "3D bioprinting technologies and bioinks for therapeutic and tissue engineering applications," Journal of 3D Printing in Medicine, 2018, 2(4), pp.187-203. (Invited review)
- Ju Young Park, Jinah Jang#, and Hyun-Wook Kang#, "3D Bioprinting and its application to organ-on-a-chip," Microelectronic Engineering, 2018, 200, pp.1-11. (Invited review)
- Sanskrita Das, Jinah Jang, "3D bioprinting and decellularized ECM-based biomaterials for in vitro CV tissue engineering," Journal of 3D Printing in Medicine, 2018, 2(2), pp.69-87. (Invited review)
- Jinah Jang*, Ju Young Park*, Ge Gao, Dong-Woo Cho, "Biomaterials-based 3D Cell Printing for Next-Generation Therapeutics and Diagnostics," Biomaterials, 2018, 156, pp.88-106. (Invited review)
- Jinah Jang " 3D Bioprinting and In Vitro Cardiovascular Tissue Modeling," Bioengineering, 2017, 4(3), p.71. (Invited review)
- Byoung Soo Kim*, Hyeonji Kim*, Ge Gao, Jinah Jang#, Dong-Woo Cho# "Decellularized extracellular matrix: A step towards the next generation source for bioink manufacturing," Biofabrication, 2017, 9(3).
- Gao Ge*, Jun Hee Lee*, Jinah Jang*, Dong Han Lee, Jeong-Sik Kong, Byoung Soo Kom, Yeong-Jin Choi, Woong Bi Jang. Young Joon Hong, Sang-Mo Kwon, Dong-Woo Cho “Tissue Engineered Bio-Blood-Vessel using a Tissue Specific Bioink and 3D Coaxial Cell Printing Technique: A Novel Therapy for Ischemic Disease,” Advanced Functional Materials, 2017 (Inside Cover, Video abstract)
- Joined at CITE, POSTECH as an assistant professor (2017.03~)
- Hyungseok Lee, Wonil Han, Hyeonji Kim, Dong-Heon Ha, Jinah Jang, Byoung Soo Kim, Dong-Woo Cho, “Development of liver decellularized extracellular matrix bioink for 3D cell printing-based liver tissue engineering,” Biomacromolecules, 2017, 18(4), pp. 1229-1237.
- Jinah Jang, Dong-Woo Cho, “Recapitulation of Microtissue Models Connected with Real-time Readout Systems via 3D Printing Technology,” Journal of Thoracic Disease, 2017, 9(2), pp.233. (Editorial)
- Jinah Jang*, Hun-Jun Park*, Seok-Won Kim, Heejin Kim, Ju Young Park, Soo Jin Na, Hyeon Ji Kim, Moon Nyeo Park, Seung Hyun Choi, Sun Hwa Park, Sung Won Kim, Sang-Mo Kwon, Pum Joon Kim, Dong-Woo Cho, “3D Printed Complex Tissue Construct using Stem Cell-laden Decellularized Extracellular Matrix Bioinks for Cardiac Repair,” Biomaterials, 2017, 112, pp.264-74.
- Ju Young Park*, Gao Ge*, Jinah Jang, Dong-Woo Cho, “3D printed structure for biomolecule and cell delivery: Tissue repair and regeneration,” Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2016, 4(47), 7521-7539.
- Jeong Hun Park*, Jinah Jang*, Jung-Seob Lee and Dong-Woo Cho, “Three-dimensional Printing of Tissue/Organ Analogues Containing Living Cells,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2016 45(1), pp.189-194.
- Jeong Hun Park*, Jinah Jang*, Jung-Seob Lee and Dong-Woo Cho, “3D Tissue/Organ Printing,” Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2016, 13(6), pp.612-621.
- Jinah Jang*, Hee-Gyeong Yi*, Dong-Woo Cho, “3D Printed Tissue Models: Present and Future,” ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 2016, 2(10), pp.1722–31.
- Byoung Soo Kim*, Jinah Jang*, Su Hun Chae, Gao Ge, Jeong Sik Kong, Min Jun Ahn, Dong-Woo Cho, “Three-dimensional bioprinting of cell-laden constructs with polycaprolactone protective layers for using various biomaterials,” Biofabrication, 2016, 8(3), pp.035013.
- Hee Gyeong Yi, Kyung Shin Kang, Jung Min Hong, Jinah Jang, Moon Nyeo Park, Young Hun Jeong, Dong-Woo Cho, ”Effects of electromagnetic field frequencies on chondrocytes in 3D cell-printed composite constructs,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2016, 7, pp.1797-1804.
- Ho Sang Jung, Yeongjin Choi, Ji Won Jung, Young Mun Lee, Byung Woo Hwang, Jinah Jang, Jin-Hyung Shim, Yoon-Seob Kim, Sang-Ho Oh, Jong-Soo Lee, Dong-Woo Cho, and Sei Kwang Hahn, “Nanoscale graphene coating on commercially pure titanium for accelerated bone regeneration,” RSC Advances, 2016, 6, pp.26719-24.
- Wan-geun La*, Jinah Jang*, Byung-Soo Kim*, Min Suk Lee, Dong-Woo Cho, and Hee-Seok Yang, “Systemically replicated organic and inorganic bony microenvironment for new bone formation generated by a 3D printing technology,” RSC Advances, 2016, 6, pp.11546-53.
- Jinah Jang*, Taek Gyoung Kim*, Byung Soo Kim, Seok Won Kim, Dong-Woo Cho, “Tailoring Mechanical Properties of Decellularized Extracellular Matrix Bioink by Vitamin B2-induced Photo-crosslinking,” Acta Biomaterialia, 2016, 15(33), pp.88-95.
- Jinah Jang and Dong-Woo Cho, “A Review of the Fabrication of Soft Structures with Three-dimensional Printing Technology,” Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, 2015, 14(6), pp.142-8.
- Joydip Kundu*, Jin-Hyung Shim*, Jinah Jang, Sung-Won Kim, Dong-Woo Cho. “An additive manufacturing based PCL/alginate/chondrocyte bioprinted scaffold for cartilage tissue engineering,” Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2015, 9(11), pp.1286-97.
- Falguni Pati, Dong-Heon Ha, Jinah Jang, Hyun Ho Han, Jong-Won Rhie, Dong-Woo Cho, “Biomimetic 3D Tissue Printing for Soft Tissue Regeneration,” Biomaterials, 2015, 62, pp.164-175. (Selected as the Biomaterials 2015 Top Images poster)
- Ju Young Park*, Jin-Hyung Shim*, Song-Ah Choi, Jinah Jang, Myungshin Kim, Sang Hwa Lee, Dong-Woo Cho, “3D printing technology to control BMP-2 and VEGF delivery spatially and temporally to promote large-volume bone regeneration,” Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2015, 3, pp.5415-25.
- Falguni Pati, Tae-Ha Song, Girdhari Rijal, Jinah Jang, Sung Won Kim, Dong-Woo Cho, "Ornamenting 3D printed scaffolds with cell-laid extracellular matrix for bone tissue regeneration," Biomaterials, 2015, 37, pp.230-241.
- Tae-Ha Song*, Jinah Jang*, Yeong-Jin Choi, Jin-Hyung Shim, Dong-Woo Cho, “3D printed drug/cell carrier enabling effective release of cyclosporin A for xenogeneic cell-based therapy,” Cell Transplantation, 2015, 24, pp.2513-25. (Highlighted in EurekAlert)
- Jeong Hwa Kim, Jinah Jang, Young Hun Jeong, Tae Jo Ko, Dong-Woo Cho, “Fabrication of a nanofibrous mat with a human skin pattern,” Langmuir, 2015, 31(1), pp.424–431.
- Jin-Hyung Shim*, Min-Chul Yoon*, Chang-Mo Jeong, Jinah Jang, Sung-In Jeong, Dong-Woo Cho and Jung-Bo Huh, "Efficacy of rhBMP-2 loaded PCL/PLGA/β-TCP guided bone regeneration (GBR) membrane fabricated by 3D printing technology for reconstruction of calvaria defects in rabbit," Biomedical Materials, 2014, 9(6), pp.065006.
- Jinah Jang, Young-Joon Seol, Hyeon Ji Kim, Sung Won Kim, Joydip Kundu, Dong-Woo Cho, "Effects of alginate hydrogel cross-linking density on mechanical and biological behavior for tissue engineering," Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 2014, 37, pp.66-77.
- Young-Joon Seol, Ju Young Park, Jin Woo Jung, Jinah Jang, Rijal Girdhari, Sung Won Kim, Dong-Woo Cho, "Improvement of bone regeneration capability of ceramic scaffolds by accelerated release of their calcium ions," Tissue Engineering Part A, 2014, 20(21-22), pp.2840-49.
- Falguni Pati*, Jinah Jang*, Dong-Heon Ha, Sung Won Kim, Jong-Won Rhie, Jin-Hyung Shim, Deok-Ho Kim, Dong-Woo Cho, "Printing three dimensional tissue analog with decellularized extracellular matrix bioink," Nature Communications, 2014, 5 (3935). (Citation #: 230 (google scholar, as of March. 14, 2017); Highligted in various media including Dong-A ilbo, MBC news, YTN Science, etc; Excellent publication award from POSTECH)
- Jeong Hun Park*, Jinah Jang*, Dong-Woo Cho, “Three-Dimensional Printed 3D Structure for Tissue Engineering,” Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineering B, 2014, 38(10), pp. 817-829. (Invited review paper)
- Jinah Jang*, Hana Oh*, Jongwan Lee, Tae Ha Song, Young Hun Jeong, Dong-Woo Cho, “A cell-laden nanofiber/hydrogel composite structure with tough-soft mechanical property," Applied Physics Letters, 2013, 102, pp.211914.
- Jongwan Lee*, Jinah Jang*, Hana Oh, Young Hun Jeong, Dong-Woo Cho, “Fabrication of a three-dimensional nanofibrous scaffold with lattice pores using direct-write electrospinning,” Materials letters, 2013, 93(15), pp.397-400.
- Jinah Jang*, Jongwan Lee*, Young-Joon Seol, Young Hun Jeong, Dong-Woo Cho, “Improving mechanical properties of alginate hydrogel by reinforcement with ethanol treated polycaprolactone nanofibers for the cartilage regeneration,” Composite part B: Engineering, 2013, 45(1), pp. 1216-1221.
- Jin Woo Jung*, Jinah Jang*, Jin-Hyung Shim, Sung-Won Kim, Dong-Woo Cho, “Design and Fabrication of the Nasal Implant-shaped Scaffold and Regeneration of Nasal Cartilage Tissue for Rhinoplasty,” Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineering B, 2012, 36(11), pp.1111-1117.
- Jongwan Lee*, Seung yong Lee*, Jinah Jang, Young Hun Jeong, Dong-Woo Cho, “Fabrication of patterned nanofibrous mats using a direct-write electrospinning,” Langmuir, 2012, 28 (18), pp. 7267–7275.
Conference proceedings (since 2018)
* co-first authors; # co-corresponding authors
- Sanskrita Das, Seok-Won Kim, Yeong-Jin Choi, Se-Hwan Lee, Dong-Woo Cho, Jinah Jang, "Decellularized extracellular matrix bioink and the external stimuli to enhance cardiac tissue development in vitro", The 5th International Conference on Additive Manufacturing and Bio-Manufacturing 2018, Xijiao hotel, Beijing, China, December 2-5, 2019, p.78, Oral presentation.
- Sanskrita Das, Bong Woo Park, Seok-Won Kim, Sungman Jeong, Soo Hyun Chung, Ki-Won Ban, Hyo Jin Kim, Soo Jin Kim, Young-Chul Sung, Dong-Woo Cho, Hun-Jung. Park, and Jinah Jang, "Combinatorial Therapeutic Approach Using 3D Printed Cardiac Patch with High Performance Genetically Engineered Stem Cells for Cardiac Repair," International Conference on Biofabrication 2018, Congress Centrum Würzburg, Würzburg, Germany, 2018. Oct. 28-31, p.40, Oral Presentation.
- Yeong-Jin Choi, Dong Yeon Kim, Hee-Gyeong Yi, Seok-Won Kim, Jinah Jang, Young-Joon Jun and Dong-Woo Cho, "3D cell printed pre-vascularized muscle tissue for functional muscle recovery in VML injuries", Biofabrication 2018, Congress Centrum Würzburg, Würzburg , Germany, 2018. Oct. 28-31, p.38, Oral Presentation.
- Jaewook Kim, In-Kyung Shim, Yu Na Lee, Dong Gyu Hwang, Seok-Won Kim, Song Cheol Kim, , Jinah Jang and Dong-Woo Cho, “3D cell printing of implantable vascularized pancreatic construct using tissue-specific bioink and islet for T1D”, Biofabrication 2018, Congress Centrum Würzburg, Würzburg, Germany, 2018. Oct. 28-31, p.28, Oral Presentation.
- Hyeonji Kim, Jinah Jang, Hong-Kyun Kim, Ki Hean Kim, and Dong-Woo Cho " 3D Cell Printed Corneal Stromal Analogues for Corneal Tissue Engineering," IEEE Cyborg and Bionic Systems (CBS) 2018, Oct 25-27, 2018, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology (Chinese Academy of Sciences), Shenzhen, China, Oral presentation.
- 박예진, 용의중, Sanskrita Das, 황동규, 장진아, "Method of manufacturing cell spheroid using three-dimensional printing method," KR10-2018-0127389 (10/24/18) p2018300-01-kr_출원서류.pdf
ARTICLES & PROTOCOLS
* co-first authors; # co-corresponding authors
- Dohoon Cho, Jaewook Kim, Jinah Jang, "NIVA: Numerical Islet Viability Assay Image Processing using OpenCV for LIVE/DEAD Viability/Cytotoxicity kit with Laser Scanning Microscopy," Protocol Exchange, 2018, doi:10.1038/protex.2018.063.
* co-first authors; # co-corresponding authors
- Sanskrita Das, and Jinah Jang, Chapter 3.3 Bioprinting Vasculature, Murat Guvendiren (Ed.), Springer Nature (submitted).
- Se-Hwan Lee, Hyoryung Nam, Bosu Jeong, and Jinah Jang, Chapter x. Bioprinting, Biomimetic Microengineering, Hyun Jung Kim (Ed.), CRC press (submitted).
- Sanskrita Das, Ge Gao, Jae Yeon Lee, Jinah Jang#, and Dong-Woo Cho# (2018), Chapter 7. Decellularized tissue matrix-based 3D tissue modeling in Biofabrication and 3D Tissue Modeling, Dong-Woo Cho (Ed.), RSC.
- Jinah Jang, Ju Young Park, Jin Woo Lee, Seung Jae Lee, and Dong-Woo Cho (2018), Invited Chapter regarding 3D Printing-based Biofabrication, in Regenerative Medicine, James J. Yoo and Mun Suk Kim (Eds.), Kunja Publisher.